Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Snowman Squares...

second post for today...scroll down to see my Color Throwdown challenge card...

Today marks the 200th sketch challenge over on SCS...

Here is my card...images by DRS Designs...



A simple take on the sketch...I simply layered a white panel on top of a slightly shorter shimmer blue panel. I colored my trees with markers and then stamped the new DRS flake background with my glue pad and added dazzling diamonds for sparkle. I used the same size squares for the snowman and the black squares...I simply adhered them off center. I colored the snowman with twinkling H2O's although it's hard to tell. I felt I need something up in the top right so I added a portion of a circle punch with my sentiment and some jewels to jazz things up a bit!

Thanks for stopping by today!
See you soon...

5 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

That's adorable, Cathy! I love how you broke the snowman up into the squares!

Monica said...

I love this!! Such a cute idea.. great card!!

Maria Matter said...

Ooo, I like this!!!
That is so cool how you tri-sected your snowman...I must try it! And I love the semi circle of gems...this is a really neat card!
BLessings, Maria

Darlene said...

Great card Cathy! LOVE that elongated snowman ... and you made perfect use of him here! What a fun card!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Love the scenery on this card!! This is gorgeous!! Love your sectioned snowman too!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails