Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I just had to...

make a Halloween card with today's color challenge colors, even though they were more holiday colors!! Always have to be different, right?!! Well, since DRS Designs released some new Halloween images yesterday and I hadn't played with this one yet, I figured, why not?!

Images by DRS Designs...



The main image was stamped in black craft and then heat embossed with clear powder. There is an artichoke layer under the red although it is pretty thin! The focal panels are raised on pop dots. I stitched around the focal area (before adhering everything) with my sewing machine. The dot on the exclamation point is another piece of my bat confetti! (If you're looking for cheap seasonal embellishments and want to get alot of bang for your buck...check out the seasonal confetti!!!!)

I stamped one of the new DRS card edgers in versamark on the left side. I thought about adhering some twill tape but I think the edger was the finishing touch.

Thanks for stopping by...tomorrow brings my mid-week challenge projects!!! Stay tuned!

See you soon...

2 comments:

Heather said...

This is really cute! Great job!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Cute card, Cathy and I like the non-traditional colors! Got my DRS flyer in the mail yesterday. It's neat to see the images of everything you've been creating with lately!

Related Posts with Thumbnails