Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday - post #2

Hi again...I have two more cards to share with you today...one for today's technique challenge over on SCS...glitterfing your background!!

Here is my sparkly Thanksgiving card using a newly released image by DRS Designs...available as of today along with a ton of other great ones!!



I stamped the background with a glue pad and added this cool glitter - the color is called Arizona Sun!! The main image (new) was stamped in black on white paper. After coloring it with my Bic markers, I sponged on some brown ink so it wasn't so stark and then used my scissors to distress the edges. It is mounted on another piece of kraft and some shimmer green. The leaf background is actually a tiny leaf stamp that was released this month. After stamping a background, I stamped a few on a scrap, colored, cut them out and adhered them with pop dots.

The card has very cool sparkle in real life...and so do I!!!!

Next up is a card using another newly released image by DRS Designs...



What a fun image this is! So many possibilities! For this card I decided to stamp my image on 4 different colors of cardstock and then cut them all out. I paper pieced the candy corn and added a jewel to the center of the spider web! The ghost is covered with dazzling diamonds! I still had my bat confetti sitting on my desk so I added couple with pop dots!!

If this is your first visit today, be sure to scroll down for my earlier post. Today's DRS Designs blog challenge was to make the last challenges ATC's into a full card...be sure to stop by the DRS blog too to see what the other DT members did with their ATC's

Thanks for stopping by...
See you soon...

6 comments:

Etha said...

Your trick or treat card is just STUNNING! I keep coming back to it to see how you cut the letters and all, what a great idea!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wowee, you do a fabulous job with those Bic markers! That Thanksgiving card is gorgeous! And love the Halloween card, too! Great, bright colors!

Darlene said...

What a fantastic job on both cards!! Love your technique on the Halloween card ... too cool!!

Broni said...

Two fabulous cards, Cathy!! I love the gorgeous coloring on the first one and the second color-blocked card is just awesome!!!

Shirley said...

Your top card is just wonderful and oh so gorgeous with those Fall colors. The bottom one is just so cute and pretty too!

Denise Marzec said...

Just have to say again how much I love these cards. Oohhhh, that trick or treat card with all those yummy colors against the white is just so much fun. I love seeing your work. You rock!

Related Posts with Thumbnails