Tuesday, January 16, 2007

For Baby Sophie!

Our new niece, Sophie, is 6 months old and soon to be christened...this is part of her gift. For some reason dds keep calling her "baby" Sophie instead of just Sophie! Which was cute at first but as she gets older is starting to sound a little strange!!! (Thought you might like a little background on the post title!!!) Anywho...this was heavily inspired by TayloredExpressions on SCS - you can find a link to her blog on the right. It's not a total case because I used different colors, hers said "baby" and I did the bottom a little bit differently but I thank her immensely for this great idea!! I didn't have a shadow box so I left the glass that came in the frame out. I also didn't want to do anything too big since they live in a teeny, tiny apartment in New York City and as you can imagine don't have much room...




I think the frame needs another coat of white (I found this at the $1 store so I really can't complain if I need to fix it up a little) so I'll have to do that very soon!!!
The top is certainly celery paper from SU! (I love that color!!) and I stamped it with paisley (SU!) in certainly celery ink. The patterned paper (I used some!!!) is from a small slab by Provo Craft. The letters are the Sizzix Lollipop Alpha and are mounted on chipboard with more patterned paper! I outlined the flowers with my Sakura Stardust pen. The oval is also mounted on chipboard and the sentiment is from SU! Curvy Verses...of course there are a few jewels on there as well!!!

Have a great week - it's starting to get cold here on the East Coast...does that mean Winter is coming after all??!!! The mild weather was beginning to grow on me...not sure I'll be able to get used the frigid temps again...can you believe we are half way through January already?! Geesh!!

See you soon...




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails