Friday, January 26, 2007

I couldn't resist...

just one more challenge for the week! Friday is the limited supply challenge on SCS found here:
and as you can see we have reached #100!! Wow!
So here is my contribution!!! Isn't she pretty?!!! Just kidding! This will be my valentine for DH...if you read my "tag" you would probably figure out by one of the items that we are Grateful Dead fans and DH is currently in a Jerry Garcia cover band...

I purchased this stamp several years ago from my local stamp store - it is by Stamp Francisco...the band DH was in at that time would print up postcards of upcoming shows and I would stamp them with this stamp! Anywho, back to the present...when I saw that the challenge was black and white with just one other color, this was the first thing that came to mind. I'm quite pleased with the end result although there was quite a bit of trial and error getting there! After contemplating several sketches/layouts, I decided to keep it simple since the stamp itself is quite busy. I embossed the image and sentiment, roughed up the edges of the red and black that the image is matted on, used a cotton ball dipped in black ink around the red edge to give it a distressed look...I even added a velvet photo corner...hand cut...from some leftover black velvet ribbon from who knows where...I'll have to see where I can get more black velvet - I like it!!! I added some black brads on top and used my 1/4 in casual snap stamps for the sentiment...Be Mine...

And now off to "work" on a non-challenge project...although I have a feeling this project may turn out to be quite a challenge...check back soon to see the outcome!!! Oh, and I guess I should squeeze some real work in too... ;-)

See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails