Tuesday, April 24, 2007

In remembrance...


******If you are looking for candy it is in the previous post...I have not figured out how to make a sticky so...this is my sticky!!! Please see the previous post if you would like to be entered into the drawing for some graduation themed candy...*********


**************************************

The color challenge today was in remembrance of those who suffered and/or are suffering from the tragedy at Virginia Tech last week...http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242943


Here is my submission:


I chose to use my DRS Designs sympathy images...I didn't like the orange for the main panel so I went with the artichoke color...much nicer and not quite as harsh in my opinion. I also chose to keep the card somewhat simple...the main panel is stamped with SU! linen in an artichoke color...the focal points are stamped on watercolor paper. The dove is popped. I "aged" the heart brad...it was bright gold which I thought would be too much for the card and colors...so, I first rubbed it on sandpaper and then rubbed it onto my timber brown stazon pad...let it dry for a minute or two...rubbed off the excess with a tissue and then rubbed again lightly on my sandpaper. I achieved the effect I was looking for...yeah!! I added some ribbon and then pierced one side and one corner to finish it off.

That's all I had time for today...

I also want to mention that I have enjoyed reading your comments about your favorite teachers...it is so nice to read your thoughts and I'm sure they would all be proud to know that you have remembered them so dearly. Thanks so much for sharing with me!

See you soon...

1 comment:

dawnmercedes said...

How to make a sticky:

Go to the post and click to edit it. Near the bottom of the text box, there is an option called "post options." Click on that and it will open up. Then on the right side, you can change the date and time of your entry. So if you want it to stay at the top until Friday, put Friday's date there. Hope that explains it...oh yeah...and hit save.

Related Posts with Thumbnails