Monday, June 11, 2007

Grout Free Tiling...

that was the technique challenge for today over on SCS - here is my version of the challenge - my original idea didn't work and now that I read thru more of the instructions, I see why! I wanted to score and sponge/stamp so the lines still showed BUT I forgot that I had to have something under the paper when stamping - like fun foam or paper towels. So when my idea didn't work I decided to cut each tile and adhere to my paper that way! I'm saying these are tumbled tiles - you know the ones that aren't quite perfect and give kind of a rustic look?!! Next time I will put something under my paper OR use a square punch! Otherwise, I'm pretty pleased with it...



(click on the photo for a closer view)
I sponged along the outside of my kraft piece with a white craft pad. I distressed the outside of the brown layer and as I mentioned cut my tiles around my image...I pierced along the outside of the card and faux stitched with my chocolate chip marker. I mounted the focal point on a slight angle and decided to do the same with the sentiment...all images are by DRS Designs, www.drsdesigns.com
I used my cuttlebug slider die and two circle punches staggered. I love these antique brads by Making Memories...these copper ones are my favorites! I wanted to use the brown gingham somewhere on the card to perk it up just a little and made my usual ribbon loop!
The background of the tiles is a sponged mixture of close to cocoa, chocolate chip and mellow moss.
So, there you have it, today's challenge...I think I might have to try this one again!!!
See you soon...

2 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Great card

bcgal00 Rae said...

Very cool card! Love it. Just wanted to say hi and will be back to visit again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails