Sunday, July 29, 2007

Are you ready?

'cause I've been busy!!! Making cards that is!! I am slowly but surely getting caught up on all these dare to get dirty challenges over on SCS - although in order to make some progress I have been combining some where I can!!! This has been alot of fun, now that my photos are to my liking! If you're an SCS Fan Club member and haven't started participating....what are you waiting for??? If you're not a Fan Club member...well, what are YOU waiting for...head on over, pay the small membership fee and enter a world you never thought existed!!!! It is well worth the small amount of money!!! It would be a dream to come true to be invited to be a real Dirty Girl over on SCS - since that is probably a long shot, I will have to live vicariously through these challenges!!! So, here is what I have so far...since yesterday!

My flocked/clear stamp card from the Thursday challenges...(click on photos for closer views)



I don't have flocking powder so I used some of my Target flocked paper. I chose to incorporate the sketch for the day and using clear stamps. I also chose to keep the sketch simple. The sentiment is actually not clear - it is a DRS stamp...I goofed! Oops! But...the bird, nest and branch are from a clear Inkadinadoo set. They are all separate stamps...I've this set since Mother's Day and this is the first time it's seen ink!! I really like this card, if I do say so myself!!!

Next is the Friday sketch and pink challenge combo...




All images are by DRS Designs - link on the right sidebar...
Again, I used the sketch and tried to keep it simple. The sentiment is stamped in black craft and heat embossed with clear powder...the lower portion is trimmed with my scallop scissors and I added some pink jewels in the top corners. This panel is raised on pop dots. The polka dots are stamped in pretty in pink on both the white and pink pieces. The black layer was emboseed with my cuttlebug folder. I ran some organdy polka dot ribbon behind the focal point and then attached a felt heart cut with my sizzix, with a pink brad. For that warm, fuzzy hug feeling!!!

Last but not least is my clearly bright card!



I combined the transperency and bright challenges. This was a tough one to photograph!! This is a new image by DRS Designs...check out all the other new images on their latest creations page! I embossed the card front with my swirl folder and attached the focal point with a brad. The pink layer is on the inside of the card. I added a jump ring to attached the sentiment so it looks like a drink charm and added some shells and jewel. I sponged brown for sand, blue for sky and yellow for sun!! This was a fun card to make!!

Whew, it's time for lunch and some errands...thanks for stopping by...we're getting close to 30k hits...looks like I need to go thru my blog candy box!!! Stay tuned...
See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails