Monday, September 10, 2007

It's Magic...

coloring magic that is! Today's technique challenge over on SCS was to color with pencils and use gamsol to blend the colors...

I have gamsol - my dad gave me a can...it's just so old, I couldn't get it open so I decided to use rubbing alcohol instead. I cut a plastic cup so it was more like a little dish, laid a piece of felt in the bottom and then poured some of the alcohol over it...here is my first try...(click on photos for a closer view)

All images on both cards are by DRS Designs.



I stamped the image in classic black and then colored with my watercolor pencils along the outer edges and then blended with a Q-tip dipped in my alcohol. I did a "cut away" with this one...the hat extends onto the purple layer and I added a doodled border with my black marker. I added some gold cord and some feathers...one is attached with a silver brad and the other with a staple from my new mini fastenator. I found it on clearance at Target. The paisley background was stamped in rose red.

My next try is a holiday card...



This time I stamped the image in black stazon and it didn't run like the classic black so I think I will stick with that ink for next time as well. I added some red brads and used my slit punch to make ticket corners on the black layer. I outlined the thin strip above and below the sentiment with my stardust pen. The focal point is raised on pop dots. I stamped the background border in olive and pierced just a little above and below the focal point. If you enjoy coloring, this would be a great card to mass produce for the holidays. The hardest part is the coloring...I have heard alot of people say they feel coloring is therapeutic so if you start now not only will you be done in time to send your cards out "on time", you'll be relaxed and mellow as well!!! ;-)

Another option is to get a personalized stamp - in case you didn't see my post from last week, check out this new stamp that DRS Designs is offering...it includes free shipping!!!

I hope your week is off to a good start...thanks for stopping by...
See you soon...

4 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These are great cards, love the red hat

Melissa said...

Oooh! My mom would love the red hat card - especially since the group name is Sassy Classy Ladies! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Oh gorgeous! I just love that holiday design!

My Paper World said...

I adore both these cards!especially the hat one, the colour is fab!

Related Posts with Thumbnails