Monday, September 24, 2007

One More...

for today! I had a little bit of time before dinner so I decided to play with one of my $1 stamps that are beginning to gather dust! I bought whole bunch of the wood mounted ones (ok, ok and all I could find of the clear ones) at Michaels....some time ago! Here is a card for dh's grandmother...she lives a few hours away and we really don't see her as often as we should so I thought I would send her a card...just because! This woman is amazing...she is 91 years old, dresses to the nines and is sharp as a tack! We should all be so lucky!!! Anywho...here's the card...(click on photo for a closer view)



I had some patterned paper scraps that I thought would be perfect with this image...as you can see they are! And...the paper was two sided, light on one, dark on the other...perfect for this sketch! I adhered my patterned paper to some dark brown...to dress up the center panel, I used my handy dandy "handy stitch" (I'm getting straighter - can you tell?!). I also added some brads to finish off the ends. I tied on a scrap of Michaels gingham ribbon with a piece of hemp. My focal point is stamped in chocolate chip on water color paper. I colored the image with my brush dipped in water and then into a squiggle of marker made on a transperancy scrap. I dotted the dots with my stardust pen. The panel is adhered to a scrap of kraft paper and both are roughed up with my scissor edge. It is also raised on pop dots.

Off to get dinner on the table...don't forget about all the season premieres tonight!!! I have no idea WHAT is on, I just know that new shows are on and I want to watch some uninterrupted!!! ;-)
See you soon...

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a lovely card, she will be thrilled when it arrives.

Sandra Smart said...

I love this card. What a nice stamp for a dollar! Great job.

Tina said...

Oh, how pretty. The paper is just wonderful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails