Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pretty in Pink!!!

Ok, I admit, that is one of my favorite movies...yes, I'm a dork!!! Actually, today's color challenge was to use pink in honor of October being Breast Cancer Awareness month. So here is what I did for the challenge...



Click on photo for a closer view. All images on this card by DRS Designs. This is stamp I used late last week on my Just Because card. This time I stamped it twice in certainly celery and made it into a swag. I added some seed beads and a bow of gingham ribbon. The sentiment "Hope" is stamped in pink on the pink layer. I then embossed the layer with my script folder and ran over the raised areas with my Brilliance Moonlight White craft pad. I sewed around the perimeter of the card and the focal image. The focal image is raised on pop dots. I added some brads and a photo corner covered in dazzling diamonds to balance everything out.

This next one is a fun one...



Click for a closer view. All images by CC Designs, Halloween set. I decided to go a little out of the box with this one as you can see!!! I actually made this for our niece who will be celebrating her second Halloween this year. This is a pretty straight forward card...the pumpkins are stamped in brown and the ghosts in pink. I stamped the sentiment and then cut it up into pieces. The image is colored with markers and I highlighted the pumpkin she is holding with my Sakura Stardust pen! (This is a must have item by the way. If you don't have one, be sure to put it on your next "to get" list!! I would be lost without mine...it is great for that little bit of extra umph!!) I stitched on this one too...I actually zig zagged where the papers met...it's a little hard to see in the photo. Again, to balance things out, I added a Prima and a jewel center. The focal image is raised on pop dots. I punched a hole in the scallop and threaded my ribbon through.

So there you have it! I hope you enjoy the eye candy! Thanks for stopping by...can you believe it's almost time for the sketch challenge...again! Geesh, time flies!
See you soon...

5 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

I love your first card, the pink pearls are fantastic, and your pink halloween card is adorable.

Melissa said...

I love Pretty in Pink so we can be dorks together ok Cathy? LOL! Want to know my favorite part? It's the pink Ghia that she drives! I LOVE IT!!! :)

Excellent job on today's cards. I haven't gotten a chance to do one yet, but I sure have enjoyed seeing everyone else's!

Patti said...

I am a dork too. LOL I LOVE that movie!

Both your cards are great!! The first one is so pretty and the second one is super cute! :)

My Paper World said...

Great cards, I love them both!
The first one is just beautiful, and the second one is so cute and fun!

Anonymous said...

I am totally loving the cards you are creating with that silhouette branch! I really enjoy your blog because you aren't using the same images as everyone else.

Related Posts with Thumbnails