Saturday, October 27, 2007

So nice...

Ok, here is the story behind the following card...

DH gave me a coffee machine for my birthday...which we were in dire need of!!! The new one is one of those one cup brewers...the coffee comes in a container just slightly bigger than a creamer, you pop it into the chamber, select your cup size and it brews your coffee. I can have whatever flavor I want and since dh hates the coffee flavors I choose, he can have whatever he wants! Here is a link in case you are in the market for a new coffee machine... Keurig. Long story short, he first found out about it because they have one at work...one of his co-workers (who also has one) dropped a flavor off for him yesterday, to bring home to me, to try. So, this is the thank you I will send him in to work with on Monday. It was very tasty!!



Click photo for a closer view. All images are by DRS Designs. This card does not open...I will write a note on the tag that pulls out. I layered my two bases but before adhering together, I straight stitched the brown layer. I stamped the background image in close to cocoa. I cut the square from the kraft layer with my coluzzle and adhered a piece of acetate behind it. The image was stamped with white stazon so you could see the steam and then I paper pieced the mug. The kraft layer is zig zag stitched to the brown layer. The slit was punched with the SU! rectangle punch. The tag is the Large Sizzix scallop tag. I used a cotton ball to rub ink on the edge of the card and the tag. The edges of the card are distressed with my Heidi Swapp edge distressor. I stamped the sentiment and added some primas and jewels.

Scrapbook update - I completed a page today!!! Yahoo! I must be allergic to the dust in the old photos or something because since I started I have been sneezing and just plain miserable! Either that or I caught a cold! Time will tell...I'll try again tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping in...
See you soon...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

cathy...this is adorable! great job!

Anonymous said...

I checked out your coffee pot -- what an interesting machine!!! Thanks for sharing!!! And your coffee card is adorable -- I love coffee cards and haven't made one in ages -- actually, I could use some new coffee stamps!!! Thanks for an intersting post!!!

My Paper World said...

Very cute! and great colours!

Related Posts with Thumbnails