Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Two for Tuesday...

Thank you to Holly for giving me a tip on heating my panel coated with UTEE - apparently Holly uses a small box that contains the panel as well as the fly away powder - what a great idea - I have plenty lying around - I'll give it a try!

*******************************************

Yup, I've got two for you today! Today was the color challenge over on SCS. I couldn't decide if I wanted to go beachy or out of the box Christmasy so I did both!

Here is my first...(click on photos for closer looks)



Focal image is by CC Designs, beach babe Daphne and is stamped on the inside of the card. I colored her with markers and added some liquid applique for waves. The patterned paper is by Three Bugs in a Rug/Blossom Collection/Zig Zag, (this paper is great - nice weight and two sided, vibrant colors and very versatile) the ribbon is May Arts and the flowers are Bazzill bitty blossoms (larger flower) and a prima - both are secure to the card with a Bazzill brad. I used my mega scallop punch for the card front and stamped Daphne on a giga punch and adhered it to the inside of the card. The buckle punch is by EK Success that I found a while ago at Target. The sentiment is by Hero Arts and I stitched along the bottom with my white gel pen. Just a note on the May Arts ribbon - I love it! I have purchased lots of ribbon in the past and you can definitely see and feel the quality of this ribbon - if you are on the fence about it - jump in, it is well worth it!

Next up is my Christmasy or Holiday card...



All images by DRS Designs. I stamped my flake background stamp on the turquoise layer but it is hard to see. After stamping I used my flake embossing folder and rubbed over the raised areas with my brilliance (moonlight) craft pad. I used a giga scallop punch for the main image which was stamped in black. The tree line was stamped in celery. (This is one border of a two border stamp - two stamps in one!!) I applied liquid applique with some dazzling diamonds sprinkled on top for my snow. I used the sledding folder for the red layer and faux stitched with white gel pen. I added some jewels and stamped my sentiment with blue stazon on white twill tape.

I really this snowman...I used him on my group of mass produced Xmas cards last year - he is just so much fun...there is also a Santa and reindeer...be sure to check them out at DRS Designs. I can't remember if I posted it last year and I don't have time to look thru all the posts so here it is again...



Thanks for stopping by...don't forget on Thursday I'll be sharing a sneak peek of something new from CC Designs...you know you're curious so make a note and don't forget!!!

See you soon...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All SUPER cute!!

Alhambra Club said...

Your girl at the beach is a great card the DP is great, and you snowman image is adorable, too cute.

Holly Young said...

really cute cards! I like how you used jewels for some of the juggling snowballs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails