Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wanna see what I did...

for today's sketch challenge on SCS?

For these first two...all images are by DRS Designs. Click on photos for closer views. The focal images on both cards are part of DRS's newest release of images.

I love this monster!!!



Mr. Monster is paper pieced with paper from the Provo Craft Little Sizzles packs...I outlined the words on his sign with a stardust pen. The webs on the black are stamped with white stazon and on the white with going gray. I added google eyes...two different sizes to match his different size eyes. I added some two toned hemp as well.

and this one...we all know someone who seems to stay in costume most of the year, right?! Well, I do!!! Not me of course!!! ;-) I just thought I would change things up...I really don't like just orange and black for Halloween and I thought this might make a good "year round" card - especially if you have that certain kind of friend...but they also have a sense of humor!!!



I stamped the diamonds on the side with gold craft and heat embossed with gold powder. This is another two image border stamp from DRS. I stamped the paisley(one of my favorites) background in celery on celery. Sentiment is stamped in black. I added some of my favorite jewels and outlined the shoe buckles with a gold gel pen.

and these images are by CC Designs.



Part of the newest Halloween set. I was inspired by another design team members card from this morning and did my own little take on it...I didn't realize until I stamped the bug on the moon that she is not actually flying!!! She is standing with her broom...well, knowing that I HAD to do something about it...I found these branches by Inkadinkadoo and stamped them in chocolate chip...she is supposed to look like she is sitting...humor me!!! Ms. Bug was stamped on Bazzill Coconut Smoothie cardstock which you can find at ATS - I stamped her, colored her with markers and cut her out. I stamped her again on the circle as her legs and spider would just be too hard to cut out without cutting them off! I just adhered my cut version and this way the colors stay true. The paper is really nice to color on with markers. I stitched around the patterned paper which I found in a bulk pack last year at Walmart. The sentiment is stamped in black stazon on a scrap of twill. I added some brads. The spider is stamped on the card and then I stamped it again, cut it out and popped the body adding some embroidery floss for him to hang from...

I feel a little rushed tonight...(DH is working...all night...computer issues at work...) DDs' and I just got back from eating out (its almost time for them to go to bed)...that's nice, right...well, we ate out because I burned the taco meat...how on earth did I do that...I was making my last card!!!! It's ok, they didn't really want the tacos anyway!!!!

Thanks for stopping by...
See you soon...

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What fantastic cards, love them, that monster with the google eyes is adorable and love the accessories card.

Melissa said...

Ooooh! I love the pink hat and shoes!! Fabulous Cathy!

The Cryer Family said...

How cute!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails