Friday, December 14, 2007

Finally...

I started my Christmas shopping today!!! Yeah, and I actually got most of the things on my list! Double yeah!!!!

Yesterday I started on the Grandparents' Christmas gift...frames with the girls school pics inside...both sets of parents have enough "stuff" so gifts like these are just the thing...I found the frames at the Target $2.50 spot. I like them because they are hinged together, close for storage and are perfect for gifts like this. (click on photos for closer views)



All I did was trace the frames on the paper (by K& Co.), cut out and adhere with modge podge. Once it was dry, I sanded the edges and then and applied another coat of modge podge. The flowers are adhered with pop dots. The large felt one is a Prima flower and the others are iron on embellishments!

********************************************

Today's limited supply challenge on SCS was to make white based cards...quick and easy!

All images on this one by A Chemistry With Paper, holiday treats set. This is a good year round set...it includes a cup cake, gingerbread boy and border, bon bon, candy corn, etc...



I decided to make a set of 3x3 cards for this one. I used my snowflake embossing folder and smaller embossing squares for each of them. The cookies are cut out, colored and then I added stickles to them! I added a snip of ribbon with a couple of staples!

Next up....another New Years card! The perfect alternative for those of you who may have forgotten about your holiday cards or just plain ran out of time! How fun it is to get a New Years card?!

Sentiment is by DRS Designs.



Again, I used my embossing folders...and my sizzix/ellison dies. I think this is a fun card! The balloons are raised on pop dots. I added some jewels for good measure! The sentiment is stamped in black craft and then heat embossed with clear powder.

Thanks for checking in...how do you like the new colors?! The Christmas colors just weren't doing anything for me, so I figured I would try more of a winter look! Let me know if you don't like it, or it's hard to read!
See you soon...

3 comments:

~melissa p. said...

I love it! Great job!!

~melissa p.

Anonymous said...

Cathy, these are SO cute!! I'm so happy you're on the team! :D

Felicia said...

Very pretty :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails