Thursday, January 3, 2008

Flowers...and some news!

it sure would be nice to see some real flowers right about now! It is soooo cold here in the Northeast I don't even want to go outside! But in lieu of real flowers, the ways to use it challenge on SCS today was to use flowers...so I did!

All images on my first card here are by DRS Designs, new releases available now! Click on photos for closer views...



I went out on a limb here with the flowers...I know you wouldn't normally give black flowers to a friend but it complemented the design and in the end I think it works!
The flowers look like primas, but they are actually silk flowers from Walmart that I colored black with my copic marker. The images are stamped in black craft and heat embossed with clear powder. I faux stitched around the perimeter of the card.

Next up is another sneak peek of one of two new releases by CC Designs being released at midnight TONIGHT!!!



Lucky lying in a bed of flowers! The flowers are from the CC Designs/Gone to school set. I doodled the horizon and sponged celery and bliss blue for the ground and sky. The flowers ( yellow and teeny tiny green one) are by Prima...yellow is a sprite and the green one is a mini me that I added a green jewel to for the center.
The papers on this one are by Bazzill and Prism. You can find all the supplies for this card at All That Scraps.

**************************************

In other news, I wanted to let you all know that I have added a new name to my design team resume...I will now be designing for Jessica Lynn Original. Check out her site - for the next two weeks all stamps in the store (excluding punny) are 35% off! You can also check out her blog for a sneak peek of new images being released Feb. 1! I hope to receive my images in the next couple of weeks and shortly after will be able to share them (read as: enable you!!! LOL). You will also find a list of the other talented ladies I will be working with. I'm looking forward to another new adventure!

Thanks for stopping by...
See you soon...

2 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

I love the black flowers on this card, they are perfect for it, and that putty in the flowers is too cute. Congratulations love your work, you will certainly be an asset to this design team.

Anonymous said...

i love the combination of the second card the mixture of red and black is brooding and romantic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails