Friday, February 29, 2008

Presents for Hope...

Hope is dd's friend that lives up the street and is having her 12th birthday party tonight...this is her gift...

She's not a girly girl so I thought this Basic Grey - Aged and Confused - Sublime Collection paper would be perfect...

The gift card holder holds an ITunes gift card...I cut an 11in strip and scored and folded based on the size of the card and its attachment. I machine stitched the dp to the black and then stitched the pocket inside...I added two silver brads at the end of the pocket stitching so it wouldn't pull apart. DD signed the inside of the flap which secures with a little piece of velcro. The alpha stamps are from a set I purchased at Walmart years ago...when they actually sold stamps!

I embellished a kraft bag and tied a black ribbon (that you can't see) around one of the handles. The "hb" letters are the cuttlebug Olivia alpha...



Here is the journal...well, it's a blank book from last years Target dollar spot so I figure she can use it however she wants. I think it's main intention was to be a scrapbook or autograph book. I cut the bookplate with my sizzix die and the "h" is a chipboard letter from the dollar spot (remember those celery ones with glitter?) I inked the plate and letter up with black craft ink and then heat embossed them with black powder. The "h" is attached with pop dots.



Here is the complete set...a little difficult to photograph...



A fun project although I have to say that I like altering spiral bound books with metal coils rather than the hard to work with plastic...I'm always afraid I'm going to snap the ends off! So, if you're in search of altering the spirals and you're going to take the coils out...make sure you get the metal ones!!!

Thanks for stopping by...I hope to have my updated list of stamps for sale ready by tomorrow...
See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails