Friday, July 11, 2008

Summer...

Today's limited supply challenge was to make a card with something summery or a summer memory, etc...

So, July means summer, right?! Images by DRS Designs...



DRS has stamps such as this for every month of the year AND a sentiment to go with each one! How cool is that? Can't get much simpler for all those birthday cards we all need to send, right?! The sentiment on this one actually starts with the word July but since my focal image was a little bigger than I planned, I just covered the first word and since the focal image has July on it, I was good to go!!! I could have tilted the focal image but I thought this was thinking just a little bit outside of the box...sometimes a little change like that makes a so so card, a great card! The tree top is raised on pop dots.

********************************
Have you ever visited Card of the Week.com? Well, if you haven't you should! Susanna Boyd searches through blogs and posts highlights on her blog! How awesome is that. She emailed me today to let me know that I got a shout out on her blog! Go on over and check it out. You will be amazed at the the super talented artists she has found and featured! If you are in need of inspiration, look no further! Thanks so much Susanna!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the monthly stamps from DRS and I'm afraid I will have to get them all :( I like making calendars and those would be perfect! Totally cool what you did with the "july" word, what a neat idea! and I love how you colored the main stamp, very pretty, what did you use?

etha@moregreenwool.com

Kelly L said...

This is really cute. I didn't realize DRS had stamps like this. Now to find them on my order form. :D LOL Thanks, Cathy for another great idea and beautiful card. I thought at first you had created the scene yourself until you told us.

Jennifer Love said...

What a fun card! And how awesome to get a shout-out on COTW!

Related Posts with Thumbnails