Thursday, November 13, 2008

Island Greetings...

Today's ways to use it challenge is to use watercolor paper....thank goodness!!! I have had this card idea floating around in my head for a while and the stamped images have been floating around as well so I figured this was a good time to wrap up this project!!!

This card was inspired by a card in the recent issue of PaperCrafts Magazine...
Images by DRS Designs...



I colored the image with a combination of SU! markers, an aqua painter and water color pencils. I roughed up the edges and then distressed with a cotton ball and close to cocoa ink. The sentiment panel was made using the end of the watercolor paper where it was attached to the pad. Household twine really comes in handy when you looking for that earthy/distressed look with your embellishments!! I stamped the large DRS plaid image on the kraft layer to dress it up a little. I gave it that "postcard" look by using a ruler and marker to draw the center line and the new postmark image that was just released finished it off!

Thanks for stopping by today...have a good one!
See you soon...

1 comment:

Tammy Hershberger said...

'Bought time you quit chatting with me on the computer and get busy card making! LOL Very, very cute idea! I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails