Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Color Throwdown #23

It's time for the 23rd Color Throwdown color challenge!!! Today's colors are:



and here is my card! Images by DRS Designs...




and the inside where you can see the complete sentiment...



I paper pieced the poinsettias and leaves several times and raised the different layers on pop dots. I stamped the new snowflake background in versamark on the chocolate. The sketch I used for this card can be found at Card Positioning Systems...their sketch for this week. After looking at their designer samples, I decided that I would make a shorter front for my card and luckily I remembered I had a scrap of lace...it fit perfectly! The sentiment was perfect as well...I love that the last three words can stand alone while the card is closed. Some jewels, of course, finish it off. I also added some seed beads to the flower centers.

Be sure to check out the other designers cards/blogs as well. I/we hope you have been enjoying the Color Throwdown color challenges as much as we like bringing them to you. As you can imagine this is a busy time of year for us too so we have decided to take a break until after the first of the year...we will return on Wednesday, Jan. 7, 2009! I hope you will continue to check back her and at the other designers blogs as well.

We also hope you will play along with the challenge! Anyone can play, there is no time limit, just post a comment with a direct link to your creation so we can come take a look. Also, if you upload to an online gallery, please use the keyword CTD23.

See you soon...

5 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the dimension on the pointsettias, and that lace treatment is stunning!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh, that is SO beautiful! I LOVE the lace, but what really gets me is its clever opening!! Brilliant idea, Cathy!!!

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous, those flowers just pop right off the card--wonderful colors.
LeAnne

Tiya-B said...

i love the poinsettias what a beautiful card.

Broni said...

I LOVE your multi-layered poinsettias and the bling (inside and out)!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails