Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Color Throwdown #24

Hi There! The Color Throwdown team is back from break and ready to go with a new year full of challenges!!! Before I show you the colors and card for the week, I'd like to welcome two new members to the team: Barbara from Paper Pursuits and Danielle Kennedy from Wild Dragonfly Designs.

Please visit their blogs and give them a warm welcome!

This week's colors are:



and here is my card:



Images by DRS Designs...the butterfly and flower images (interior of card) are new ones and are available now!!! I have to admit, these colors stumped me at first but that's why it's a challenge, right?! I'm pretty pleased with the end result. I love, love, love this grass stamp by DRS...so versatile. I stamped a butterfly background on the blue panel in versamark although it is hard to see in the light of the photo. For the focal panel, I stamped the butterflies in dye ink (my closest match to baja breeze) and then decided I wanted them to stand out more so I planned on stamping them again and cutting them out. I knew though, that the blue color on the vanilla was not going to stand out enough so I stamped over the image again in versamark ink and then added clear embossing powder and heated it. Now they have a little shine to them and it was just the trick! The punches are Martha Stewart punches available at Michaels. I added some ribbon and jewels to finish it off.

Here is the inside...



Be sure to stop by other designers blogs to check out what they did with this combo...

LeeAnne Pugliese - Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger - StampHappy
Broni Holcomb - Splashes of Watercolor
Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs

Thanks for checking in...I hope your new year is off to a great, crafty start!!!

See you soon...

7 comments:

Broni said...

Beautiful card, Cathy! I LOVE that butterfly image and I also love how you glossed and raised them!!

wendyp said...

love the butterflies! This color combo is some of my favorite colors...hoping to work on it this week!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is gorgeous, Cathy! I just love all the piercing you've been adding to your work lately... it's really a nice touch! And that sentiment is beautiful, too!

Darlene said...

LOVE the butterflies!! What a beautiful card ... inside & out!! Even though the butterflies took a little more work than expected, they made for a wonderful, moving card!! And of course, I LOVE the angle you put on your main panel ... adds a nice touch!!

LeAnne said...

I must have butterflies on the brain--I just did a card very similar to yours and didn't even realize it! So pretty with the embossed butterflies--I love the sentiment, too!
LeAnne

dpkennedy said...

This is so pretty! I love the flight trails and the all the little tufts of grass! Beautiful butterflies!

Barbara said...

This is just the sweetest card! I love what you did to the butterflies. I'm filing that away for the future! And the little tufts of grass are so cute!! Just a great card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails