Monday, March 2, 2009

Birthdays are fun...

so why not make the invitations fun, right?! Today's technique challenge on SCS was to make a crimped envelope pocket card..

I decided to use one of the many colored envelopes in my stash...this one is a bit smaller than an A4 size but I thought it was perfect for my invite idea...

Images by DRS Designs...



I used two of the recent birthday releases from DRS...the silhouette cake and silhouette balloon. Both were stamped in black craft ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I used my Creative Memories cutting system for the circles. The sides of the envie were sponged with black ink and the sentiment was stamped in regular dye ink as well. I then crimped the bottom portion and added ribbon to the top. The inside circle was done in the same fashion as the cake circles...plenty of room to put all the important party info on!

Thanks for checking in today...we were hit with a big snowstorm last night and today...yuck! I'm definitely ready for Spring...maybe I should pull out some Spring images to cheer myself up!!!

Be sure to check back...sneak peeks for the new DRS releases will be starting soon. They will definitely get your Spring fever jump started!!!

See you soon...

1 comment:

dpkennedy said...

Nice idea! Love the crimping!

Related Posts with Thumbnails