Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's time...(edited to add another card!)

second post for today...

to watch the flowers grow!! I wish!!! While it's not quite Spring here yet, outside anyway, all the snow from last week's huge storm has melted. I'm hoping that means we are one step closer to warmer weather! In lieu of Spring weather though, I made a Spring card using today's sketch challenge over on SCS...

Images by DRS Designs...



The ducks are from the latest release of images. I cut the square so only a portion of the image was used. I then stamped the image again on a scrap, colored the flower and cut it out. I adhered it with a pop dot. Since I cut the focal square shorter than the flower, once I adhered it, it gave the focal panel and "out of the box" look. I used the raindrop background on the turquoise panel and the flower/dragonfly background on the green. Do these colors look familiar? That's because I decided to do another Color Throwdown card!!! The sentiment is only part of this sentiment...I inked up only the portion I wanted to stamp.

eta - I'm back with another card for the sketch!! I couldn't resist! I decided to make a simple card using the cute couple from the recent Cutie Pie Kids release by DRS Designs...



What a cute couple!!! I thought the sentiment inspired hope for the couple. You could use this as an engagement card, anniversary...I try to look for different ways to use sentiments with images...you don't always have to use either for what they were "intended" for. I stamped the cool interlocking heart background on the red panel.

Thanks for checking in today...
See you soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wowsers girl you have been working hard at all of this...I am lovin all of your last, I dunno, 6 or 7 posts! You have a great sense of design :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails