Monday, March 9, 2009

A Tiny Treat To Start Your Week!

second post for today...

Today's technique challenge on SCS was to make a small treat box...I thought this would be perfect for this newly released lily corner image by DRS AND for an Easter treat box that you could put at each place setting at your Easter table. I stamped the open image from the double cattail egg image in versamark on the light purple.

Images by DRS Designs...



and the open view...



I thought a simple sentiment like this one would be perfect with just a portion of the focal image from the front. The focal image on the front was stamped twice and colored once. The flower and leaf portions of the image were then cut out and adhered with pop dots. I cut my ovals with the Creative Memories cutting system. The top edges of the box were cut with the threading water punch. I added a dragonfly charm to spice things up!

These are so quick and easy, you could easily make these for everyone at your table!!

Next up, a card for you!! That time of year is quickly (although it doesn't always feel so quick) Spring and First Communion time! Here is a feminine card for your inspiration but it could easily be made masculine by replacing the pink with light blue and coloring the bible in a light blue marker.



The bible is a new image and was stamped three times! Once on the focal panel and then another two times. I cut the whole image out, adhered it over the image on the focal panel and colored the spine. Then I cut just the cover out of the third stamping, colored it and adhered that with pop dots!! I kept the sketch pretty simple.

Here is a view of the inside...



This sentiment is perfect!!! I stamped the newly released triple cross image over the sentiment with light pink ink.

Thanks for stopping by...I am busily working with the rest of the new release images and will share some of those next time!!

See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails