Thursday, April 9, 2009

Send in the reinforcements!!!

Just kidding...today was the ways to use it challenge on SCS...to use labels. I dug through my stash and thought my reinforcments paired with my hole punch would make a good border!! Here is what I came up with...

Images by DRS Designs...



I decided to have Leonard dance behind the new DRS silhouette fence today! I stamped the grass with my must have grass stamp and then sponged the sky. I simply stamped the fence in brown ink and then cut it out. The inside areas were cut with a craft knife.

Here is a photo with the fence open...



The flowers were cut from this girly swirly flower image! The fence hinges are silver brads and the "latch" is a photo turn!

As you can see, I simply hole punched my kraft layer and applied the reinforcement labels. The versatile sentiment, just says it all!

Thanks for checking in today...don't forget the current DRS Blog challenge is birthday creations. Share yours with us by posting a direct link on the challenge post (HERE) and you'll enter yourself in the running for some blog candy!

See you soon...

8 comments:

Heather said...

This is SUPER CUTE! I love how the fence opens and the clouds are terrific! Great card!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh my stars! I thought just the reinforcements were cool, but now I see the fence opens!!!! Spectacular card, Cathy! This is just too cute and so imaginative!

Mandy said...

This is so so cute....love the use of the circle reinforcements and the gate is so adorable. Great card.

LeAnne said...

How clever is this! What a cute card!
LeAnne

dpkennedy said...

Oh he's so cute! Love the gate!

Jessica G. said...

I would never have thought to use those reinforcement circles, but they really add a great design! What a fun idea to hinge the picket fence; I love interactive cards!!

Jennifer E. said...

Too cool! I love the interactive fence!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! You're too clever girl!! This is fantastic!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails