Monday, May 11, 2009

Moving Right Along...

edited to add a second project...

from one occasion to the next!!! Now that Mother's Day is over, it's time to move onto Father's Day! Today's technique challenge was perfect for starting on the dad cards!!!

Images by DRS Designs...



I took this technique (as I do alot of things - lol!) quite literally and made a bandanna sticking out of a sizzix pocket die cut!! As you can see, I used the DRS paisley stamp (K182)on the kraft panel and on my bandanna! I chose to use the white gel pen to highlight just the bandanna though. Vicki's versatile background (H369) was perfect for the pocket. I made the pocket "designer" by adding this edger (P905)image and machine stitching within the image!!! I had a pack of wide white twill ribbon in my stash and stamped the sentiment (A331) with black stazon ink. The boots (K126) were stamped in black craft, heat embossed and cut out.

This was alot of fun! Some machine stitching, an eyelet and some coloring finished things off!

ETA - I just had to do a second project for this challenge!!! Since this week is teacher appreciation at dd's school I thought I alter one of the Target dollar spot seed pouches for her teacher.

Images by DRS Designs...



I simply covered the front of the package with black cardstock and then topped it with a piece of a sheet of primary school writing paper. I used my white gel pen to highlight the flower centers of the easy flower power background (K163) stamp. The sentiment (G475) is one of my favorites by DRS. Kind of says it all, don't you think? I finished it off with some twill ribbon and buttons!

I hope you are inspired to try this fun technique out!

I'm off to care for my sick dd...I'll be back tomorrow!

See you soon...

1 comment:

dpkennedy said...

Wow, that's great! The bandanna is perfect!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails