Monday, July 13, 2009

It's in the bag...

Today's challenge over on the DRS Designs blog is to make genie bag! These are quick and easy bags and can be made in any size you need to fit anything you need to fit inside!!! Check out the SCS tutorial HERE.

Here is my bag...images by DRS Designs...







I used a clear small lunch bag for my center bag. The large strawberry image (K291) is one of my favorites. I used a Sizzix basket die and stamped it with Vicki's versatile background (H369)! The green panel was embossed with the argyle embossing folder. An EK Success border punch, some ribbon, a button and jewels finished things off on the front.

Of course, I couldn't leave the back blank so I stamped the small strawberry image (D798) on the bottom and this friendly sentiment (H284). I also filled the bag with some Strawberry & Creme candies...well, it was full when I started the project....they are very yummy candies!

Be sure to stop back at the DRS Designs blog to see what the rest of the DT created. These are great bags to make in advance and have on hand when the need arises. If you play along, and we hope you do, share the link in the comment section and if you upload to a public gallery, please use the keyword DRSC25.

See you soon...

5 comments:

Jennifer E. said...

Awesome job with your genie bag Cathy! I love the basket you've created and those strawberries are colored pefectly! They almost look good enough to eat!

Debbie Seyer said...

Super bag! Your strawberrys are so wonderful. They look like I could take a bite!!

dpkennedy said...

Great project! This is so pretty! I love that you decorated the back too!

Anonymous said...

Cathy, this is very sweet!! Love your basket die and the fact that you've used a clear bag for the inside!! very cool design!! :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh, I wish I had time to play this week! I LOVE making Genie bags!

Related Posts with Thumbnails