Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Color Throwdown #76

It's Wednesday again! Another week has flown by and it's time again for another Color Throwdown color challenge!!!

Tammy chose our pretty color combo this week and it is:



and here is my card using images by DRS Designs...


here is a shot of the inside...



I decided to make an easel card. The tutorial was on the front page of SCS last week(and might still be there!). This was a fun and relatively quick card that looks like it is very complicated. I used one of the newly released ribbon slides by DRS. This one is for thin ribbon and the other slide that was released is for wider ribbon. The other slides, you can find them here, are for your standard ribbon width. So versatile and fun!!!

This sentiment was part of the release as well. I stamped the first line on the front of the card and the rest on the inside. Some ribbon, a pearl brad and a punched border (to give the card the easel efect) finish things off.

I hope you will take time to visit the other CTD designers blogs...

Tammy Hershberger
Broni Holcombe
LeAnne Pugliese
Danielle Kennedy
Barbara Anders
Kristin Bueter

and our guest for January, Deb Horst of Sendable Sentiments!!!

Don't forget, we would love for you to play along with us in the challenge. You can use your closest matches on the colors. If you play, please post a direct link in Mr. Linky in the CTD post (non-direct links will be deleted). If you upload to a public gallery, please use the keyword, CTD76.

(You can participate in our challenges at any time, but to be considered for the blog candy, your entry must be linked with Mr. Linky by 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, January 24th.)

See you soon...

7 comments:

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Cathy! I love easel cards....they are just so fun & unique and the colors are nice & fresh, too. Tammy did a good job picking these out!

Barbara said...

Really pretty card, Cathy! I love easel cards and don't do them enough!

Broni said...

What a neat way to use the ribbon slides, Cathy! Very cool! And I LOVE that sentiment!

dj said...

Fantastic!! I have not braved one of these easel card yet....but you have inspried me!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OK, an easel card is going on my list of things-to-do this weekend! This is so cool, and I love the way you used the ribbon sliders on this! Beautiful design, Cathy!

dpkennedy said...

What a cool design! The ribbon slides and the easel style, awesome card! I love those pearls to, they are so pretty!

Kristin Eberline said...

Oooh...LOVE your pretty easel card! I've never tried making one but you sure are an inspiration pushing me in that direction :] Simply elegant, Cathy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails