Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Color Throwdown #16

Hi All - Once again it was my turn to choose the colors for the weekly color challenge on the Color Throwdown blog...here is what I chose...



Totally inspired by the patterned paper I used on my card(s)!! I made this set for dd (age 12) to bring to a birthday party this past weekend. The party girl asked for books which would be donated to an underpriviledged school in lieu of gifts so I thought a little card set for the party girl would be in order in addition to the books we chose.

Images by Whiff of Joy...



I thought this image was perfect for this young girl. I found my Whiff of Joy stamp at All That Scraps...I kept the card simple. I colored the image with my Bic markers and used my Creative Memories oval cutter. I simply embossed the lower portion of the cards with the swiss dots cuttlebug folder and then added a strip of patterned paper. The strip is from the Butterflies and Blossoms pack by DCWV...the folder and the paper are available at ATS as well. I added some velvet ribbon that I found at Michaels some time ago and then some of the green bridal flowers with green jewel centers. As you can see, I packaged the set in a clear card box and then I tied some twine around the box!

Be sure to stop by the Color Throwdown blog and stop by the other designers blogs too...

See you soon...

9 comments:

Heather said...

Great card Cathy! I love it. I actually have that stamp but haven't inked it up yet...I'm gonna now! Thanks for inspiring!

Kimberly Crawford said...

OOOH!!! Love the design of this!!

Broni said...

Really cool card, Cathy! But I have to admit I was really stumped to come up with a card using these colors! Party animals finally won out!! Thanks for the great challenge!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love this card. Great coloring with the Bic markers. Bet this card was a big hit!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a sweet idea to make a set of cards for the birthday girl! What a great idea of hers for the gifts, too! Great color combo, Cathy! Thanks for a fun challenge!

LeAnne said...

Your daughter is very thoughtful! Nice take on the challenge!
LeAnne

Kisa Peters said...

Way cool! LOVE the layout, the crisp clean look the colors the girl.....it looks AWESOME!

Darlene said...

Fantastic card!! I just love these Whiff of Joy images ... so sweet!! And, your coloring is exquisite!!!

vickiw said...

I totally bought those bridal flowers from Michaels to use on cards too. HOw fun to see them on a card already........
I love bargains.....:D
vw

Related Posts with Thumbnails