Thursday, November 30, 2006

Cookies anyone?

For the first of three sketch challenges this week on SCS...found here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202751
I varied the sketch just a little because I really wanted to use the cranberry piece and it was a little to short! As you can see from Rox's sketch is was supposed to go all the way across...
I love this gingerbread man stamp - I stamped them on kraft in close to cocoa and then cut them out...traced their icing stripes with my white gel pen and added body jewels (pilfered from my dd's drawers! they don't use them so why shouldn't I??) for their hearts...they look like little candies don't they? I "popped" them with leftover stamp rubber...the silver is supposed to look like a cookie tray...hopefully it does to you and not just me! The sentiment is stamped with the awesome Karen Foster Snap Stamps. If you don't have them, check over on www.joann.com that is where I purchased mine...these are the smallest (1/8 in) but they also come in 1/4 in, 1/2 in and 1 inch. The 1 inch are great for 12 x 12 scrapbooks! I used the 1/2 inch on a baby scrapbook I made over the summer for my brother and sister in-law...I have pics in my SCS gallery... The gingerbread man border is stamped in black on brown so it would show up...there is actually a dotted line underneath them (on the stamp)...I thought it would be neat to color the dots with my white gel pen...it wasn't. It made it look too busy so I cut it off! I did however pierce and "stitch" the cranberry piece with that wonderful pen! The white signo gel pen from SU! is the best...trust me I have tried others and have been very frustrated with the results or lack thereof!
Well, that is my first for today...I hope to get caught up on the rest of the weeks challenges (yeah right!) in addition to everything else on my list...I tried my hand at a "clear" card last night...check back later for the results on that one...I'm still working on it!
Have a good day - thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails