Thursday, December 21, 2006

Almost there!

We're almost done with the holiday preparations...I finished wrapping today and made up a couple of gift card holders for dd#1's travel basketball coaches...

I know they're not very Christmasy but I wanted to incorporate the team name, colors and theme!! The card style itself was inspired by Keri Sereika at SCS and the bouncing ball inspired by a card by Julie Ebersole also of SCS fame! The card is 5.5in wide...scored at 2.5in on the top and 2in on the bottom. The bottom is secured by brads and that is where the gift card slides in. I embossed only the top with my d'vine swirls cuttlebug folder and then used some navy ink direct to paper to highlight the swirls...there was gap between the fold and where the embossing folder left off so I placed some SU! organdy to fill that gap. I also pierced the bottom flap on either side of the sentiment that is stamped in white craft ink. The balls are sizzix basketballs - the biggest one is the actual die and the smaller ones are smaller circle punches...the biggest one is popped on leftover stamp rubber. I also distressed them a little with close to cocoa ink. The team name is stamped with snap stamps and I pierced just above to fill in the empty space...the bouncing dashes are made with a black marker. I also added some Great Impressions snowflakes on the bottom left of the bottom flap (to give it more of a holiday feel!) and the envelopes coordinate with these flakes, as well piece of white cardstock inside for dd to sign.

Thanks for stopping by - I hope to make at least one more post before the holiday actually arrives...always trying to squeeze in one more project at the last minute...we'll see what happens! See you soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great card. You are so talented. I wish that I had time to make these for my three nephews who are basket ball addicts. I so enjoy your blog. Merry CHRISTmas.
Shelley Davis

Related Posts with Thumbnails