Friday, December 29, 2006

One day, three challenges!

First up is my card for this weeks color challenge ...rose red, cool caribbean and vintage violet (vv), combined with this weeks way to use it challenge - buttons. Found here: color: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208522 and ways to use it:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209003



This was a challenge for me because the only SU color I have in this combo is vv. I also seem to have trouble with the red, tropical blue combo but I gave it a whirl. I'm somewhat happy with it. I stamped off the flowers in blue so they would be a closer match to cool caribbean. I used my new cuttlebug flower pieces (not sure of the exact name!) embossing folder which reminds me of the little pieces stamp set by SU! The stamp is by Inkadinkadoo...I used my sizzix to cut a leaf stem on scrap paper and then "traced" around the outline with my paper piercer. I also pierced along the top like I did in my previous card. The flower centers are tiny buttons with SU! silver cord tied through the holes. The "hi" is from my new Cuttlebug alpha - Olivia font! This was a great find...I was able to use a 50% off coupon at Michaels...I was so excited because now I have upper, lower, numbers and assorted shapes. The words hi, thanks, to, from are also included! I have the lollipop alpha from sizzix but only the upper case which doesn't leave alot of room for variety! I would have liked to use a larger ribbon for the mid line but the only other white I had was too wide! My corners are rounded with my CM scalloped corner rounder. I also doodled with my silver gel pen along the outside of the main image and tied some purple hemp to dress it up a bit!




This card is for todays limited supply challenge to use patterned paper scraps with punches...
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209244



I wanted to go simple with this one after all the time I spend on the first card in this post! I used a white card base...as you can see I really like the look of top folding cards! I mounted certainly celery on the front and decided I wanted to make it a little bit different and trimmed just the sides...I mounted a black strip that was pierced on both sides. The scalloped circle is my pp scrap. My main image is stamped on shimmer paper in black and has a hat pin through it, for something a little bit different! The challenge also stated that we could use 3 or less stamps (I used 2), 1 accessory tool and and 1 embellishment...I cheated just a little by using two accessories...my paper piercer and my circle punch! The circles on the celery piece are from the little pieces set, stamped in certainly celery. The pp coordinates with the celery much better in person!

Check back again for a new coaster posting! We are visiting my brother and his family tomorrow so I stamped up a gift for them! Just need to take a pic in the daylight!
See you soon...

1 comment:

Caroline LeBel, Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

I *love* your artwork, Cathy! It's great -- TFS :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails