Monday, December 18, 2006

Tag...you're it!

So, this idea popped into my head last week... Why not use my MM tag maker that is collecting dust next to my desk to make an ornament! Isn't he cute! Very quick and fun!

I cut two light blue squares after tracing them from the template (I thought my square punch would work but its just not big enough, although when you trace the template the square you are left with a little too big and I always find myself trimming them...oh well!)...stamped my flakes from Cold Play (SU!) in white craft on the blue - it didn't show up too well so I went over the flakes with my Signo white gel pen...then I taped a looped piece of ribbon to the back and adhered the two blue pieces together...stuck them in my tag maker, squeezed and done...the ornament was ready to embellish. After stamping the mans head using Cold Play, I used my two way glue pen to adhere some dazzling diamonds to just inside the edge and then adhered a bubble sticker. I wanted to make sure the bubble would stick so that is why I left a little rim of "non-sparkly" cardstock for it to stick to. His hat has a silver gel pen band and is raised on left over stamp rubber. I punched a small flower from red foil paper and adhered one of my favorite jewels. His scarf is just a piece of ribbon folded over and held together with a brad and adhered to the front with sticky strip as I didn't want the brad to show through the other side.
It's not too much different than making an ornament from a regular metal rimmed tag except for the fact that your ribbon is a part of the ornament rather than tied through a hole in the top of the tag...a much cleaner look, I think.
Time is getting short...I only had time to squeeze this one in over the weekend...tomorrow is the last day of scouts and I haven't figured out what kind of treat to send in! Nothing like waiting until the last minute...
I'll be back!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails