Friday, December 15, 2006

Gifts, Gifts, Gifts!

Do you ever feel completely overwhelmed by all the teacher/instructor/coach gifts this time of year? This is my dining room table! and there are a couple more on the floor!


Half of it is covered with these gifts and I for one am beginning to feel a tiny bit overwhelmed!! The gift giving will begin on Sunday and hopefully be the end of next week most if not all will be in new homes! I feel a little weird about this years gifts because basically they are all things I made for my fall craft fair that didn't sell! Is that bad?! The good thing is I didn't have to spend alot of time shopping! I set up all my things in my dining room so my dd's could "shop"...this didn't turn out quite as I expected because with all that they had to choose from they pretty much just chose bookmarks for everyone! So, I went through and supplemented their choices with what I thought would be acceptable!

These are the tags I decided to make for the teacher gifts...this snowman stamp is by Stampendous - I love it! He is very versatile!! When I bought this stamp I had planned on making my Xmas cards with him but then came up with something a little bit easier when I realized time might be an issue(one dd is on the travel basketball team in town - need I say more about having a big crunch on free time?! ) Anyway, I was torn about not using him so I figured this was a quick and simple way to include him this year...


I stamped him on watercolor paper with Black Staz-on ink and then watercolored the image by dipping my brush in water and then rubbing it along the tip of my watercolor pencils. I tore the one edge on each and added dazzling diamonds for the snow on the ground and the falling flake...the back is stamped to and from for my dd's to fill out. I am also attaching to each, a Ghiradelli peppermint candy with a silver ribbon. All the gift bags will be tied closed with white curling ribbon...I found a huge roll in my basement...don't ask how it got there...I have no idea! Hmmn...I should probably try one or two of those candies to make sure they are ok!!! ;-) Don't you think?!

See you soon...

1 comment:

Michelle W. said...

I love snowmen! You did a fab job coloring them! I still haven't been able to get the hang of watercoloring. I also know what you mean about gifts everywhere. We don't put up a tree because we don't have room for one in our apartment. So I have gifts piled everywhere. I'm so glad when I can start giving them out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails