Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Bling and a challenge!

BLING!!! I love it!!! This is the "bling" I have been using on most of my cards lately. I found it in Walmart in the bead/jewel/craft section. It is made by Bead Party and it retails here on the east coast for $3.99. The jewels shown here are a pack of clear and blue...they also come in packs of pink and clear. The best part about these is they are self-stick! The worst part is they are tiny and peeling that little sticker off the back without the jewel falling out of your hands a bajillion times can be a chore...but well worth it in the end, I think! (click on the photo for a closer look)


And now on to todays sketch challenge #105! Can you believe it 105?! Wow! The sketch is found here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210663

I used only one stamp on this card! The "Whats New?" sentiment by Hero Arts. The background is done with two different Cuttlebug embossing folders... a regular folder for the semi circle and a mini one for the background. I just embossed, moved it to another location, embossed again and so on. The flowers are Cuttlebug dies as well. They are coming out of a square envelope with petals - a large die from Sizzix. I closed it up with a black grosgrain ribbon and a hat pin. The sentiment is made from circle punches and hangs from jump rings. I again used my slit punch to make ticket corners and doodled tiny flowers in the spaces left behind.
This also fits the bill for this weeks color challenge! Not sure about this one...looks a little busy to me...back to the drawing board to try again!

I wish I could figure out why some photos will open for a closer view and others wont...this one did but then I found something to change and when I went back, it wouldn't open! Ugh...if you know how this happens, I would love some guidance. In the meantime, you can check my gallery on SCS...that should provide a closer/clearer view of the embossing...the link is over there on the right!

See you soon...


2 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

OMG...I love this card. The color combinations are FABULOUS and your design is a definate case for CASEing...lol TFS

Allison Rankin said...

Love this card...great interpretation of the SC!

Related Posts with Thumbnails