Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Happy New Year!!!

Hope you had a great New Years Eve and a good start to the new year!

I just finished the color challenge on SCS for today...white, black and cool caribbean; found here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210385

{ Before I get to my photos, I just want to give a plug to the Fan Club over at SCS - if you haven't become a member...you should!!! It is awesome, that is all I can say! I sat gazing at that special section of the gallery for a very long time today (I won't say how long!!! ) in wonder and amazement! What talent. A big thank you and a big smooch to my dh for giving it to my for Xmas. Just think of all those new ideas I'll be working on!!! ;-) You can find out more about the Fan Club here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/about/fan.php

Being part of that crafty group is certainly something to aspire to!! I can dream, right??!!! }

And now, back to todays challenge...
I didn't really like this card when I was working on it and when it was complete, but the more I look it, it is starting to grow on me!
I will say right now that I do not have cool caribbean (cc) so I matched it as closely as I could to what I do have. My card base is white, as usual! My base layer is my cc match. I cut the next white layer a little bit smaller and stamped it with the Paisley (SU!) background and used my slit punch to make the "ticket" corners. I wrapped wide SU! organdy ribbon around it and adhered to card. The focal image is a foam stamp that was part of a Making Memories set from Target...very cool set! I matted my focal point, added my favorite jewels to the dots on the image and raised that entire piece onto leftover stamp rubber. It still looked a little plain so I used my two-way glue pen around the outer white edge and adhered some dazzling diamonds.


I chose to used my formal snap stamps for the sentiment. (I don't like this font, nor the quality of this set as much as the casual, but I felt the font fit better with the style of the card.) I coated it with dazzling diamonds...again, it looked a little plain so I used my circle frame sizzix die to cut out the black outer circle, adhered it and then adhered jewels around the outside. I also pierced each corner and then went around the hole with my silver gel pen. Done!

As you can see I also started adding watermarks to my cards due to all the talk about image theft taking place these days...this one ended up right smack in the middle of the best part of the card...hope it doesn't detract too much...it is a little bit of a pain to keep going back in to fiddle with the placement so for today, it stays where it is!!
And now, on to number 2 for today...

This one of my favorite stamps! Who doesn't like Raggedy Ann?!

I stamped off my cc to make it lighter and first stamped Print Pattern (SU!) and then Swirls & Blossoms (SU!) and then a speckle stamp for the background...I like the way it turned out, although it might be a little hard to see. I "stitched" around the outside with my white gel pen and punched some silver circles to take the place of mini brads. I pierced the black layer and wrapped some thin SU! organdy ribbon around it (this color combo just seems to call for organdy ribbon in my opinion!). I pierced my cc layer and stitched that too...I stamped my doll in black and then made a mask so that I could sponge some tempting turquoise very lightly to resemble cc and then some going gray...I ticket punched the corners with my slit punch and doodled around the outside with a black marker. I covered her heart with two-way glue and then adhered dazzling diamonds. I felt it needed some sort of sentiment so I punched my word window three times (one for each color) and stamped my Hero Arts sentiment...I had to ink it with a marker since it was a two line stamp...I punched a hole in each and stuck them onto a jump ring which I hooked to another and hooked that to the ribbon! Whew! Did you get all that? Are you still with me?!

My dh said I was long winded but I didn't really believe him until now!!!

Check back again...sometime this week I plan on having an "enabling" message :-) and dd#1 and I are currently working on a tutorial for soup can scarves...that is something you do not want to miss!! I can't guarantee when it will be up...but it will be soon!! We also have half a weeks worth of challenges left! YEA!!! Ok, time to go burn, I mean make dinner!! ;-)

See you soon...



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails