Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Much better...

in my opinion, anyway!!! This is my second Target mailbox - this one is for DD#1...I decided to streamline my process a little bit and this one went much quicker than yesterdays!!!



I decided to punch out my hearts instead of heat embossing them...embossing is not one of my favorite techniques!! I used my red foil paper and my sizzix and I'm very happy with outcome...everything is pretty much the same except for the two little hearts on the postage punches...I didn't have a hand punch with the just the right size of a heart but...my sizzix gingerbread man did!!! I used his "buttons" for my postage hearts and I added dd's name to the front...I decided since I liked this closure better than the one I did yesterday, that I would change dd'#2's box to match...and I did (but with her name on the front ;-) ).

DH actually said he liked the first box last night and asked what was going in them? Well, I didn't really have an answer and that got me to thinking...yes, they can be a decoration but they would only be in "use" for the one day...but then again, the valentines I made for the girls won't come anywhere near fitting inside this cute little box so...this morning I came up with the idea of putting some kind of treat in the box everyday from today until the "big" day!! It could be a little card I make for them, a little piece of candy, etc... sound good? Works for me...now I just have to remember to do it!!!! :-)

Moving right along...today is Wednesday and you know what that means...a sketch challenge on SCS... found here:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220126

I decided to once again combine the sketch with the color challenge for the week...


I used Bud Basics (SU!) - I stamped on watercolor paper with black stazon ink and then water colored using the ink that gets smeared on the top of the ink pad...I stamped, colored and cut three blossoms from scrap watercolor paper, ran them thru my Xyron and the poured dazzling diamonds on them. Don't you just love that sparkle?? I stitched the top and bottom of the middle layer and roughed it up with my scissors. The sentiment slide was inspired by Cindy Haffner over at SCS - just before I finished my card I saw her post for the challenge and the way she did her sentiment looked perfect for my card...I was debating how to proceed with it at the time...good thing I checked my computer!!! I ran some satin ribbon behind the slide and then folded the ends over and adhered them to the back. Even after I adhered the sentiment, I still thought the top looked a little blah so I added a portion of a word window punch and added some jewels! I also pierced the card above and below the middle layer and on the sentiment slide (Cuttlebug die)...

Time for some work - hopefully I will have time to play with the sketch again later...

See you soon...

and....I'm back! I decided to edit this post rather than starting a new post - not sure which way is best...if anyone has any feedback on which they prefer...let me know!!

This another for today's sketch challenge...I decided to just stamp the Inky Antics turtles head - I used the sizzlit tag set because I felt the size would be perfect...The background is another cuttlebug embossing folder...I went over the top with a dark green ink pad...I outlined the turtles hair, flower and hello with my stardust pen.

I also gave the turtle google eyes! I had started off with the intention of doing the card in yellow and green but I don't seem to have any yellows that were right or that I like! I'll have to order some SU! packs - I'm sure they have one that will work!!! The turtle is water colored and I masked him/her? to sponge on the blue sky...I think it's cute, but the more I look at it I realize that maybe I used one too many colors of paper...what do you think?

Hope your week is going along well...can you believe its February already?! WOW!

See you soon...




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails