Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sensational Sand...

that's the title for this weeks "Ways to use it" challenge on SCS found here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213363

to use SU! Sahara Sand (or like color!).


As usual, I don't have the exact color in SU! paper so I used my closest match...it's hard to tell since I stamped right on my card with SU! paisley...I love this background stamp!!
I found my idea for the color combo on this card from the cover of the most recent Pottery Barn catalog! I stamped my paisley in navy on a colonial blue, used plain 'ol brown as my third color. I used the medallion stamp from SU! Gentler Times, stamped it on "sand" and embossed it! I pierced pretty much every layer on this card. The piercings on the blue panel are also outlined with my stardust gel pen. I added some hemp and oh my gosh, I forgot to add some jewels!! Just kidding...didn't think this card called for jewels although I did add a brad in the center of the medallion. The sentiment is from SU! wonderful words II. Used my ever popular slit punch for my corners!! The final outcome has kind of a cowboy feel to it, which was not my intent but it's different and I like it!!

Thanks for stopping by...

See you soon...

2 comments:

Monds & Mayberry said...

I absolutely love this card! TFS

Jenny Mick said...

Hi! I just found your blog! I'm very impressed! I love this card! I especially like the paisley background too!! TFS!
Jenny (jfstamps on SCS)

Related Posts with Thumbnails