Saturday, February 10, 2007

Catching up...

on the challenges...
This first one is a combination of the ways to use it challenge for the week found here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222729 to use Glorious Green and the limited supplies challenge found here:

My focal point is my tag and you can't miss that green in the background!!! The focal stamp is a Rhonna Farrer $1 clear stamp I found at Joanns...I stamped linen and a non SU! butterfly in the background and pierced the top and bottom of that panel. I pierced the pink and ran some ribbon around it...then I made a loop of ribbon, ran it through the eyelet in my "tag" and attached it with a square brad. The main image is popped on leftover rubber. I also outlined the letters, butterfly and flourishes with my Stardust pen.

Another for the challenge to use green...the color is not easy to work with so I figured I would give it another try!!! For this one I stamped Paisley on the background and cuttlebugged my black piece...this is not the layout I set out to do but this is the final result! I punched my scallop from vellum and used another clear stamp from Joanns on the focal point. I adhered dazzling diamonds to the flower petals and adhered a jewel in the center....I think I need to tone down my watermark and start placing it somewhere other than the center...you think?! ;-)

The open space at the bottom of the black seemed perfect for the sentiment which I stamped in white craft - it didn't show up too well so I went over it with my chalk pen...added some jewels and a squiggle...I also squiggled in the corners of the card after cutting them with my slit punch. I pierced the top and bottom of this card too...

Another busy weekend on tap but I have some other non-challenge project ideas floating around in my head...hopefully I'll find the time!!!

See you soon...



1 comment:

Kristine said...

That's really nice! I like the big scallop as a "tag". I didn't get to this challenge, maybe someday I'll caught up! :0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails