Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Trying to catch up!

It's Tuesday - the color challenge over at SCS, but I'm still working on Monday!! This post is for the Technique Challenge found here:


First is the bag, which was last weeks challenge! I'm pretty happy with it - I used some patterned paper from Target - I wanted the red velvet paper like the blue I used last week but they were all out. This one is red with silver running through it. I used my script embossing folder on the center panel and my red foil paper to cut a primitive heart from my sizzix die. I used my oval cuttlebug slider and some awesome black velvet ribbon my friend Deb found for me at Michaels! It looked a little plain when I was done so I used my slit punch to scallop some vellum and used my 1/8 hole punch in the scallops. I used SU! organdy ribbon for the handle...this time I put it end to end...I used some scrap black to cover where the sides met and ran my organdy down it as well...I used a heart brad on each side to attach the ribbon and then a large jewel on the bottom to fill in!




The cards were inspired by a pink mug at Starbucks...I just changed it to red for the bag! The photo is not that great - sorry! As you can see on the close up, the die cut is the same as the paper - monochromatic!! I stamped the card front and the die with linen in red. Each card is slightly different but I used the same primitive heart sizzix die for all of the them in place of the stamp set (per the challenge guidelines). Each has a different sentiment...I found an old Brenda Walton set in my stash...the double heart card says best wishes, the heart with the jewel says inspire, the big heart with the bow says celebrate and the small heart all alone says believe. I used a cotton ball on the card edges and the die cut edges to rub black ink on to give them a distressed look...they are simple but look kind of cool in person! Trust me!!




I was going to embellish some bath gel and hand cream but I'm getting tired! and they really wont fit in the bag so I just went with this:

a travel candle I found at Target last night - came in a set of three...this one is Lavender...not the greatest version of the scent but it will do! I used some scrap paper from my bag, ran more ribbon around it and used the round slider...the heart is one of Michaels $1 stamps...stamped in black stazon...I did some faux stitching with a Sharpie...added a jewel.

Maybe I'm just tired but I'm not completely thrilled with today's work - maybe I'm just being too hard on myself. I still have some projects on my "to do" list for the big day tomorrow! As usual, I will do my best to cram it in!! I also want to do the color challenge for today...I have some special stamps I want to try out so, here's hoping!!!
Looks like the girls might have their first snow day of the year tomorrow...and their first snowed out from school Valentines Day! Bummer on both accounts!!! ;-) Both of their teachers have said if there is no school they will have their parties on Thursday so it's not a total loss!

See you soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails