Thursday, February 8, 2007

Finally...

I made the Baptism card I have mentioned a couple of times! I decided to do a shadow box card and since I don't have any religious stamps I decided to go with primas and beads...I think it works!I didn't really plan it, but the bag and the name frame (in the background) all match! Go figure!!
The front of the card is SU! shimmer paper (love it! need to order more!!) and the back is plain white card stock...I adhered certainly celery for the background and stamped the same flowers on the front, on the inside...the front flower centers are colored with a stardust pen and the inside ones are colored with white gel pen - trust me!! All the images are colored with marker and then stamped...the flowers on the pink scallop are done in the same way without the stems...I used glue dots to adhere the primas and tacky glue for the beads...the pink is raised on 3-d glue dots...it really is centered although for some reason doesn't appear to be in the photo!
Once I was done, the front still seemed too plain so I added some cuttlebug asterisk flowers using some patterned paper scraps and used my stardust pen for their centers as well.

My original idea (in my head) had a transparency covering the opening and stamping a sentiment on it using my new white stazon pad...obviously that didn't work! I don't have any sentiments that I thought would be appropriate so I thought I would just stamp the same flower on it...well, I must not have inked the pad up enough and the stamp was really too big to try to get just one of those tiny flowers inked...need I say more?! I will say that I will have to play with the pad a little more...adding ink and using a super clean stamp!!! I really like the look though so I will have to work on it!! I have heard mixed reviews about this white pad and may just opt for a really good craft pad...another thing to add to my next order!!!

The only problem I have with these cards is the sentiment/salutation seems out of place on the back...I stamped congratulations on the back and signed it and it's all ready to go but it just seems like it's just there - kwim? Anyone out there have any cool ideas on how to solve that problem so it doesn't look like an afterthought? Maybe I'm just too used to having cards that open and close!!

See you soon...

3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is so beautiful...love the shadowcard here, the stamps and the primas...awesome!

Kristine said...

That is soooo beautiful, and I might just have to CASE it...that is IF I can find some white primas! I am a church secretary and love making cards for special occassions there. Ya know what's funny...{dingy me!}...I looked at this for a while, and after dinner came back and looked some more and it JUST dawned on me that your primas are in the shape of a cross!! LOL! Oh boy, I'm a little slow today! THAT'S EVEN COOLER! :o)

Unknown said...

What about a tiny tag hanging on some thin gold cord or very skinny ribbon up by the flowers? This is a very lovely, soft card. It will be a delight to receive!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails