Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Tough Sketch...

for me anyway!!! Today's sketch challenge at SCS found here:

was a challenge for me!!! Lately I have been trying to tell myself to go simple!! and this sketch just didn't allow me to do that...others did though, and I absolutely love some of the cards posted today. Here is my first try - I used Very Punny (SU!) for the first time today - cute set!!


I mounted the image separate from the sentiment...I stamped the lolli in assorted colors to match my patterned paper and then made a lollipop out of circle punches and an SU! clear button and a lollipop stick I had in my stash - I have NO idea where that came from!!! I used a cuttlebug slide for the sentiment along with an SU! stamp my old demo gave me years ago. The main image is popped on left-over stamp rubber.
My second attempt incorporated the color challenge from yesterday...
I used a scrap of my velvet paper and since bud basics was on my desk, used that for the focal point! I used my CM circle cutter for the image circle and then my giga scallop punch for the brown and blush...I set them off center of each other so you could see the blush...I outlined the loops in the flowers and leaves with my Stardust pen...some of the paper piercing is outlined as well...it's hard to see but I pierced along the outside area of the scallop punch on the card front so it makes a semi-circle on the top and bottom...clear as mud?! I used my word window punch and used my swirls cuttlebug folder to emboss those as well as the brown scallop. The focal point is raised on left-over stamp rubber. The swirl clip is from Target.

Not completely pleased with today's efforts but at least I had time to stamp! I still have to make that Baptism card I wrote about last week - I have a few minutes before the natives come home - maybe I'll get started - it's too cold to do anything else!!! Of course, I did pick up the latest issue of Stamp It today...how could I have forgotten!!!! I'll have to find some time to drool over that before the night is over... ;-)

See you soon...

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

These are both great...I think you did a super job. And what a neat idea to use the spiral clip to meet that little finicky part on top of the sketch!

Related Posts with Thumbnails