Monday, February 19, 2007

A little backed up...

on posts that is! At least that's what it feels like since I haven't been able to post in a few days! It was a busy weekend full of basketball games, dh getting hurt playing basketball, a baptism, the start of winter break...oh, and a leaky sink! I was able to squeeze a few cards in here and there though so it wasn't a complete loss!!! So, here we go...this is what I did over the weekend!
First a couple more cards with my stamps from DRS Designs...

First up is another Irish man!! I decided to give him a little bit of a shabby chic look this time and decided to make him a little bit younger by giving him a reddish beard! The large background piece is stamped repeatedly with the DRS Designs plaid stamp...
I watercolored him on off white paper and outlined the piece with my black marker...the brown behind the focal point is kraft paper and I added a few brads to match his vest...his socks, vest buttons and eyes are colored with my Stardust pen. I also distressed all the panels by rubbing over them with a cotton ball dipped into my brown ink pad.

Then I decided to give my bunny a try! The upper portion of the background is a flower stamp...the bunny is watercolored and those are self-stick jewels in the corners...I also did some faux stitching on the green panel. I pierced the lower right corner and that empty space is for a sentiment...I just don't have one yet...you'll have to use your imagination!!
After stamping the main image, I stamped just the egg on SU shimmer paper and then cut it out and adhered it with pop dots.
Moving right along!
Have you seen the new weekend challenge over at SCS - the featured stamper challenge? Each week a different stamper will be highlighted...you basically just need to check out their gallery and case one of their cards...making sure you identify which one you cased in your post! This is the second week of the new challenge...I didn't have a chance to do last weeks but this week I did! This week the stamper is notimetostamp! Her gallery is awesome...check it out...
and here is the card I cased:
and my version:
I needed a quick birthday card for my dd's friend...her name is Hope! The sentiment is from the Wonderful Words II (SU!) set. I don't have the set Sharon used so I thought this was a good replacement! I stamped my flowers (DRS) with clear craft on my colored paper and then embossed them with clear powder...adhered jewels in the centers. The flowers and white panel are adhered to the black and the black is raised on pop dots. I love this ribbon and added a birthday hat charm that I ordered a loooonnnggg time ago from Oriental Trading Co. I also used my SU slit punch to make my ticket corners.
Are you still with me??? Thanks for keeping up! We're almost there!

More cards with my DRS Designs stamps...just a basic Easter card with this one...stamped my flower background in green and highlighted the centers with my white gel pen. I colored the main image with markers and raised a few eggs here and there with pop dots, although it's a little hard to see...this time I stamped my flowers with their paper colors, cut them out and popped them...the centers are colored with the white gel pen and the outlines are colored with my Stardust pen.
Today's challenge was to make criss cross cards, found here:
Fun cards! Here is my outside view...Again the Happy Easter image is colored with markers and is popped with pop dots. I ran some SU! organdy ribbon behind it and tied with a bow. Faux zig-zag stitched the top. The pink and white insert comes out and can be stamped with an Easter sentiment. The bunny comes out as well...

and here he is!!!

I stamped the bunny on a coaster with black stazon and then watercolored him. After coloring I sponged on the blue and green for sky and grass and then added some grass tufts with marker. I then stamped all over the coaster directly with my Versamark pad and then embossed with clear powder a few times...the last time I sprinkled some bridal tinsel powder over the egg to make it sparkle! I used my cropodile to punch a hole and then set an eyelet and added some ribbon...I could also add some silver cord in case the recipient wanted to hang the "ornament"...hmnnn, I should probably keep this idea in mind for Xmas!!!

So, there you have it! My weekend in a nutshell...or post!!!
And for those of you patient enough to read this far...I will be posting my latest blog candy giveaway tomorrow - Tuesday!!!! So be sure to check back...you don't want to miss these goodies!!!

See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails