Friday, February 16, 2007

Bugs, Bugs, Bugs...

Don't worry, just some ladybugs!!! The limited supply challenge on SCS today was to make a summer themed card without a summer sentiment so I thought the new ladybug stamp from DRS Designs would be perfect for this challenge! The challenge is found here:

This is my first submission for the challenge...figured I would throw a little bit of Fourth of July colors in with my ladies!!
The stamp pictured is a "card edger" by DRS - great for quick, very cool borders...this one has diamonds on one side and leaves on the other...they also go with the large plaid background stamp by DRS...check back soon for a highlight on that one! The red/black layer and the focal image are popped on leftover stamp rubber...rather than adding black brads on the side I decided to go with two hole punches...I made a photo corner out of a square punch and added a tab of ribbon...the ladies were inked with marker since they are part of a larger image and then watercolored.
Next up is a single lady...she was inked with marker too and then colored with markers...I added dazzling diamonds to her spots! The dotted background image is from DRS as well...I used my slit punch to dress up the corners and added dots with my white gel pen...I pierced her circle and sponged with some red ink, then mounted the circle onto my scallop punch which is also pierced and has white gel pen dots on it...

I thought this was great ribbon for this card and since the bottom looked a little bland without a sentiment I punched three white circles and added some black brads...I rubbed two-way glue on the tops of the brads and sprinkled on more dazzling diamonds. Quick and easy!!

And now the ladybug family! This is the actual stamp image in its entirety...stamped in black stazon and watercolored! The black background was dry embossed my dotted cuttlebug folder and I did some faux stitching with my white gel pen around the outside. The focal image and layers are cut with my scallop blade...I used some red gingham as a tab.


After coloring, I masked the image and then sponged blue and green ink for the sky and grass...I then doodled a border around the outside. This piece is popped on leftover stamp rubber...I added two red brads down below...as I look at the card, I wonder if I should have keep the piece straight instead of tilting it...what do you think? Either way, I liked this one the best...

Until I did this one!!

After using the "usual" ladybug colors I figured I should probably look "outside of the box" a little bit and go out on a limb with my colors! Since it was a summer challenge, I posted this one to the challenge as well. I used the sketch from this week...I used my flower cuttlebug folder and rubbed over it once it was embossed with my summer sun (SU!) ink pad. I punched a hole through all the layers and stamped my image inside the card...

I used my sizzix circle frame die to cut out the pink circle rim...the inside bugs are colored with markers and their shadow is watercolored...I used my card edger once again on the outside green edges of the card front and highlighted them with my white gel pen...I added some self-stick pink jewels to the front as well. Oh, and I can't forget that yummy organdy ribbon!!

Well, I think that's enough bugs for today...I've got some other ideas in the works and some fun mail came today!!! I'm still working on that blog candy too!!! I haven't forgotten...

See you soon...

3 comments:

Karla said...

Love your cards ... especially the 4th one in the Bugs post. Saw your link from SCS in my searching for cuttlebug ideas. Keep up the good work!
rukutam, stamper from Texas

mjb coffee said...

Love this ladybug card. Your ladybugs are so unusal - that hits the spot! Cute!

Amy said...

Wonderful bugs! We are having a ladybug party for my daughter next weekend. She is going we be one. YOu should check out the invites I made. I also made some cool notepads but I can't put them on the blog until after the party!

www.zoelifecreations.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails