Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Color Tuesday!

It's Tuesday, even though it feels like Thursday...for some reason it seems like a long week already! Anywho...today is the color challenge over on SCS - http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230235
Everyone seemed to love these colors - I seemed to struggle a little! I am realizing that I like the earthy tones as well as the blues rather than....yellow! My first two cards used primarily yellow and well, you be the judge!

All images on these cards by DRS Designs - link on the right...
This one used another version of the stained glass stamp I displayed in an earlier post...this one is square - I decided to cut it into an oval with my Creative Memories oval cutter...the single rose just seemed to call for that. I used the same edger stamp that I used yesterday...this time on the top and side. I distressed the edges with my sponge dipped in brown ink to soften the yellow a bit.

Once I was done it looked a little plain so I added the tag...the word Love is from the wedding sentiment that was the focal point of yesterdays card. I water colored the rose and sponged the blue...

My next one was inspired by a sketch in the SU! IB&C...I used this cool corner stamp...lots of possibilities with this one...I chose this stem because I thought it looked like spring buds and that I could highlight the buds with my Stardust pen...I did that (it's hard to see) but the clear embossing filled up the hole or indentation I had hoped would be there...

I also embossed the sentiment with clear powder...after all was said and done I realize I should have used another color than yellow - the original idea was in the same color as the paper but all colors react differently...live and learn! I faux stitched on the brown with my piercer and white gel pen...you can't tell unless you are up close, but the pink was stamped with an edger stamp with flowers - I highlighted the centers with my Stardust pen. I like this sketch...I think it would look much better with different colors...

I'm pretty pleased with my last attempt - had to end on a good note! The color combo was bothering me so I tried another route - using less yellow and more of the other colors that I actually like! I used my script cuttlebug folder on the pink...and a card edger on the yellow. The daffodil is stamped on watercolor paper and...water colored! I roughed up the edges of the mats...and added my sentiment. The sentiment is the same from the card above, I just stamped the words next to each other.

The photo corner is made using my small scallop punch...I used my swirl cuttlebug folder to emboss that. For the final touches I added some antiqued brads and added some dazzling diamonds to parts of the flower and leaves.

Tomorrow is the sketch challenge - everyones favorite challenge if you ask me!!

Thanks for visiting...See you soon...

PS - I just realized, it looks like you can get a closer look of these photos if you click on them...not sure how it happened but it did! yeah - now I just have to retrace my steps and see if I can figure out what I did!!!

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

These all look great...I hope to get one done for the CC let alone three!

Related Posts with Thumbnails