Thursday, March 8, 2007

Gosh!!

Don't you hate it when days get away from you?! Well, I had one of those yesterday...of course now I can't even remember what I did!!! Anyway...I did make a few cards and here they are...

As we all know it was Wednesday, yesterday, and of course that means the sketch challenge over on SCS - http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230484

This is a great, very versatile sketch!
All images are by DRS Designs - link is on the right...


I saw the colors for this one in the SU! IB&C on Tuesday night and liked them so much, I made this card with them!! I think this is a hollyhock...I stamped it in chocolate chip ink on watercolor paper and water colored it using the ink smooshed on the top of my ink pads. The middle panel through me for a loop at first, couldn't decide what to do, so I used one of my cuttlebug folders to emboss my off white piece and inked up the edges slightly...the focal point is popped. There is a bit of piercing on this one as well.

Do you play Bunco? I don't, so I was little nervous about using this stamp!!! This sketch proved to be a good opportunity for it and I'm glad I tried it!! For some reason, when I think cards or related games I think, red, black and white! If there is something I should know about Bunco (maybe it has its own colors?!)...let me know!!

I pretty much just reversed the focal point and the colors as far as a difference between the two cards...the Bunco and dice are one stamp and the individual dies are another stamp. For the first card I used my dotted cuttlebug folder on the red...the scallopped piece is popped and the dice are covered with dazzling diamonds. I added some jewels and some doodling around the image...I thought the ribbon looked like dice...

For the second card, I pierced instead of embossed...and did some faux stitching. The dice by the Bunco sentiment are covered in dazzling diamonds. I added some jewels to this one to fill in empty space and the same ribbon. I used my slit punch for the ticket corners and doodled there too. On both cards "bunco" is outlined with my Stardust pen.

Well, today's ways to use it challenge is to use fabric on our cards/projects...I have tons of that - no surprise, I have tons of everything...have you seen my room on my SCS gallery? It's gotten worse! To top it all off, I ran over to Michaels today...ours got a delivery of clear $1 stamps in...I can't pass up a $1 bargain...which is why I have stayed far away from our local $1 store lately!! They also had cool kitchen tins (to store stuff in) on clearance...I see some altering in my future...I sell alot of it actually...things keep going into that closet and they don't seem to come out!!! I seem to do better though when I have a purpose...I don't usually make something unless I have a reason for it...maybe I need to break out of that!!

I hope you're having a good week - work is done for today...now maybe I can play!!

See you soon...

1 comment:

Amy said...

I do play bunco and those cards are great. I need to do something fun for my group like that. If you ever have a chance to sub for a group you should and see what it is all about! Now I think I need some dice stamps. :)

I love your blog! Keep on stampin'!

Related Posts with Thumbnails