Friday, March 2, 2007

Hello again...

Yesterday and today were busy...yesterday with "stuff"...errands, shoppping, etc...today...with cards!!

Yesterday was the ways to use it challenge on SCS - to mix up manufacturers...I did it today when I made a birthday card for dd's friend... http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228859


The word search and grass are by DRS Designs, the big frog is a Michaels $1 stamp from last year that I used for the first time with this card and the little froggies are from Very Punny (SU!)...dd is giving him a tree frog webkinz for his birthday so I thought this was appropriate! This was a fun card to make...the patterned paper is from a slab I found at Walmart last summer.


Todays limited supply challenge was to make a card WITHOUT flowers! That can be a tough thing to do!!! http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229155

All images on the following cards are by DRS Designs - their link is on the right...


This first one is a simple baby card - same layout on both, just changed the sentiment and colors! I used my Creative Memories circle cutter and my scallop punch...added some ribbbon and jewels and of course some piercing.



The second is another baby card - I just received this Cuttlebug folder and thought it would be perfect for a girlie card...I cut the square out of the top panel and the card itself and adhered the focal point on squares on the inside of the card. I added a jewel in the center of the "bow", heat embossed the sentiment and used my white gel pen for faux stitches...I also rubbed my white craft pad on the dry embossed areas.

The last for the challenge is this one! I tried out my stained glass stamp from DRS - what a fun stamps...lots of possibilities with this one! First you stamp the stained glass in craft ink, then your image in craft and heat emboss. Check out the DRS website for more detailed info and ideas. I colored the bear with markers and sponged the blue and green. The lines are made with the plaid stamp and I used my heart card edger plus stamp to stamp the hearts...


The ribbon I found yesterday at Michaels - it came on a wooden spool - very cool! Gotta run, dd needs to be picked up from a birthday party...I shall return!!

Have a good weekend - see you soon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails