Wednesday, March 14, 2007

It's Wednesday already?!

These weeks are just flying by way too fast! Here I am, to catch you up on what I've been doing in the card world so far this week...
Monday, as usual, is the Technique challenge on SCS - http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231825

...to make a scene on a card...I've only done this once or twice before so it was a nice change of pace...plus, I have had this particular idea in my head since I received this stamp! Finally, one less idea rolling around up there!
I thought this Easter egg image/sentiment was perfect for this kind of card...my trees are drawn in with a black marker...I made a mask of my image and sponged the grass and sky...doodled in a few sprigs and used my DRS grass stamp for the rest of the grass. All images on this post are by DRS Designs - link on the right....except of course for my "doodles"...attempts at drawing!!! The trees are sponged as well as a little bit of "flower" color on the grass...I doodled in the birds too. Since the area at the top, between the tree tops looked a little empty, I decided to run some organdy ribbon behind the image and tie it in a bow...before tying the bow though, I slid a large prima flower on and then tied. Just a little bit of bright color that I felt it really needed! My yellow background is embossed with one of the small cuttlebug folders...I just moved it around the paper as I put it through my sizzix. I pierced and punched and used my white gel pen for some faux stitching.

This next one incorporated the color challenge for the week - you can see more of the actual colors in the next photo...this will be a St Patty's card for my parents...I took advantage of the Technique Challenge again...I stamped the ladybug image, drew in my fence and tree trunk and then made a mask and sponged away. I used the SU! watercolor minis grass and fern stamps for the grass and bushes this time.
I've seen quite a few of these scenes where the scene is the whole card front, with minimal matting and I like the look so I thought I would give it a whirl...I like it - there are four of us in our family so I think my parents will get a kick out of it...I outlined the spots with my Stardust pen and did some faux stitching around the brown layer with it as well.

This next one was actually my first for the color challenge - found here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232033

I have been dying to use this leaf image but the timing never seemed right, until the color challenge was posted. They just seemed like fall colors to me and what better way to express fall than with leaves! I stamped the image with brown craft on water color paper and embossed with clear powder and then water colored my image. I embossed the blue layer and then rubbed over it with my chocolate chip pad...I embossed the yellow layer too...I rubbed over that with olive but it was too much so I just turned it over...waste not, want not! right?! (LOL) . I felt it needed some kind of sentiment, so I chose Happy Birthday and mounted it on a piece of rust organdy ribbon. I pierced here and there and outlined some of the piercings with my Stardust pen...the lower portion of the leaves are highlighted with the Stardust pen too but it's a little hard to see.

Today is sketch challenge day...and it's a doosy! I have some basketball cards to make so maybe I can incorporate the sketch - the wheels are turning... nothing like waiting until the last minute - our mom/daughter game is tonight...check the previous post...if you want to guess my nickname for the game, leave a comment on the PREVIOUS post and I will pick the closest guess...I'll send you a little something...don't you love surprises??

I feel like I'm forgetting something...that's nothing new with me...oh well, I'll be back...

See you soon...


1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

These are great...nice compositions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails