Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Do you sew?

be sure to read to the end of the post for something fun - even if sewing is not your thing...

I love sewing - stitchery that is!!! My sewing machine and I don't really get along - that is a long story!! I have a whole box full of stitchery kits and one of my many resolutions this year to complete some of them. That is what most of my nights are filled with...sewing/embroidery!!! I'm usually too tired to stamp and when I try I end up sitting doing nothing so I figured weeding through my big box would be more productive. I'll have to post a few of my recent stitcheries in the next day or so...but in the mean time I came across another blog that gives opinions on crafts...upcoming they will be highlighting stitching/sewing and its influence on papercrafts (you can find their link on the right under "other favorite places"...) and that brought to mind this project from last winter!



Here is a photo of a stitched piece I did for a scrapbook page...I needed a patterned paper and can you believe in my big stash, I couldn't find anything that I thought worked...this did though!!



I used a parchment looking cardstock for my "fabric". I punched a holly piece and berries from my Sizzix, laid it on my paper in a random fashion and pierced around each leaf. I then used my paper piercer to make my ferns and branches...after everything was pierced I stitched! I had leftover floss from other projects so this was an inexpensive project and was just the right touch for my page.

Another busy day here and I'm feeling a little under the weather. I have to get better though...now that our travel basketball season is over dd's coaches thought it would be nice to have a mother/daughter basketball game...yes, the coaches are guys! So....tomorrow night is the big night! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't be a full game....just a few minutes of fun...especially since we are going out for pizza first!!! DD had fun making my t-shirt today...that was a requirement for the game...they had to give their moms a nickname and number...they will also be voting for the best shirt!! Can you guess what my nickname is??????? Hmnnn...this might be fun...leave a comment (including your email so I can let you know if you are chosen) on this message of what you think my nickname would be and I will send you a little something...I'll pick the closest guess! Just a hint - it's not crafty...I'll choose Thursday morning...

I'll be back tomorrow with an update on the challenges for the week so far...

See you soon...

9 comments:

Jackie said...

Minnie Mouse??

doverdi said...

I was going to say "Sew Mom?" or "Scrappin Mom" but when you said it's not crafty, my next guess is "Super Mom"? Or something like "Shopping Mama"?

Jennifer said...

I was SO gonna say Super Mom, but someone else beat me! How about Sassy Mama?

Amy said...

Crafty Mama? Or maybe Crafty Minnie...

What a challenging thing to guess! Have fun at the game! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! We included this post in our latest "Fabric Challenge" Carnival over at Craft Critique! If you'd like to share the "link-back love" we'd welcome it! Just post about the carnival on your blog this week... use this link...

Craft Critique Fabric Challenge Carnival!

Thanks so much for writing such a great post!

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

This is beautiful!! Wow, what a lot of work, but the results are stunning.

Cindy
Craft Critique Reporter

Jan Scholl said...

Mama Shaq?

Anonymous said...

Would your nic name be "Chatty Cathy"?

Anonymous said...

stitchery mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails