Saturday, March 17, 2007

Simple card and monkeys!

Yesterdays challenge over on SCS was the limited supply challenge - to make one layer cards and the only stamp you could use was a sentiment but embellishments could be anything...http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233000


Here are my simple cards...

All sentiments are by DRS Designs - link on the right...be sure to check out their list of discontinued stamps while you are there - be sure to get some great images

before they are gone...


first is a wedding card - I used kraft paper and stamped in chocolate chip ink. The hearts are sizzix...cut from chipboard...I inked them with chalk inks...my first time!!! I love those inks - I can't believe it took me this long to try them!! I ran some ribbon around the card and pierced the top - easy peasy!!

Next up are two baby cards...


I drew the letters on white shirt cardboard, cut them out and inked them with chalk ink...tied on some ribbon. The sentiments are stamped in chalk in and then I added some jewels for filler. I made a photo corner from a scalloped square and cuttlebugged it with my swirl folder.




I think I like the girl card better!!!

And last are the monkeys!!!

DD#2 has had a fascination for monkeys and I have been meaning to do this project for her room. I found some monkey gift attachments at Target and thought they would be perfect for this. I found a frame at the $1 store...used some left over scraps and borrowed my friends Deb's sizzix palm tree (thanks Deb!). After cutting the tree I used my dotted folder and my swirl folder to emboss as well as on the leaves - those are embossed with just the swirls. I cut some felt leaves too for some variation...punched some tiny flowers and added jewels in the center. The monkeys are raised on pop dots! Quick, easy and fun!!!

Just thought I would pop in with this update - I'm on the run again now that we are dug out from our Nor'easter of yesterday!! Have a good weekend...
See you soon...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your simple cards are wonderful. I like this challenge alot. Very much my style and gets you really thinking about layout. Love what you did for the large letters and with the corners.

Anonymous said...

The monkey's are adorable! I love the texture on the tree and the color combo. You're very welcome. I think the cards are perfect with the letter and the sentiment. Very nice work.

Kristine said...

*gasp* OH MY GOODNESS!! Those monkeys are sooo adorable, and I just love your simple baby cards! I never would've thought to do a corner that way! LOVE your work here :0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails